STEMNETICS is a dynamic program based in Michigan, aimed to expose students to Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) through hands-on projects. We offer programming during and after school, workshops for families and students, and professional development for teachers.The mission of STEMNETICS is to prepare students with 21st Century Skills through the utilization of hands-on activities. In order for our economy and our society to excel, it is important that students are able to think critically and be effective problem solvers. Through our interactive programs, we have developed a curriculum for students to think outside the box and apply their educational knowledge to real-world situations.
1. Expose students and parents to STEM
2. Increase student retention rate through introducing relevancy to the real world
3. Develop student ability to think critically and be effective problem solvers
4. Equip teachers with additional tools for project-based learning
5. Further develop job-ready skills for parents
K-6rd Grade Students
These are basic science classes that help young learners understand the basics of the scientific method while getting to build hands-on fun projects. Younger students will work on:
Basic hand-eye coordination
The basics of systems thinking and root cause analysis
Focus and organizational skills
Self-confidence and pride in the effort
AND THAT LEARNING CAN BE FUN!
* Young STEM classes will help students focus on learning that can lead to improvements in all aspects of their education.
Classes are every Monday from 5:30p-7p